How often are you creating problems for yourself by committing one (or more) of these Top 6 Sins when you want to influence others?
- Using Bubble Wrap or lazy language with overly intense emotion.
- Only adding volume to your habitual language.
- Using absolutes (all, nothing, never, always, everyone, etc…).
- Using dramatic language (“Rome is burning, people!”).
- Judging the other person (or their idea) as wrong or less than.
- Not Listening.
6.5 BONUS: Not Asking Questions.
If you’re not sure, start paying attention and ask a teammate to help you!
Eliminate stress and increase your confidence by influencing more of what you want at work and at home!