If building and celebrating more diversity in your workplace is important to you, your personal practices are absolutely more impactful than attending another seminar or reading another book.
Simple practices for raising diversity:
- IDENTIFY 1-2 ways you’re unintentionally REDUCING diversity and inclusion because you’re on Autopilot in your language.
- One example of language that perpetuates division instead of diversity: “Right” and “Wrong.”
- Most often these promote judgment and either/or thinking, which do not invite diversity of thought and perspective.
- LOVINGLY check-in with yourself or ASK that friend who’s candid and honest.
- Where are you unknowingly working against yourself when it comes to celebrating variety?
- PRACTICE more intentional language every day to create more of what you want, less of what you don’t.